2 Styrofoam cones – 2 7/8” x 5 7/8”, 2 Styrofoam balls – 3”, E6000 Glue, 2mm foam sheets – green, red and white, 2 silver tinsel chenille stems, Scissors, Craft knife, Butter knife, spoon, Ruler, Large jingle bells – one red and one green, 1/8” Flat brush, #1 Liner brush, 1/8” stencil brush
1. Mix one part Mango to three parts Wicker White.
2. Cut two pairs of ears from foam. Paint ears and Styrofoam balls with Mango/Wicker White mixture. Let dry.
3. Cut a slit on either side of ball with craft knife. Glue and insert ears. (*remember project tip)
4. Paint hair. Add cheeks with dry stencil brush. Paint face details with liner brush and any dots using opposite end of paintbrush.
5. Measure 3” down from top of cones and cut with butter knife. Slightly scoop out cut end and press in with thumb to smooth out edges.
6. Paint one cone green and the other red. When dry, paint stripes horizontally and vertically as shown to create plaid.
7. Glue to tops of heads. Glue chenille stems around bases of hats.
8. Cut one red and one green foam collar. Add dots to tips and glue to bottoms of heads.
9. Twist wire around paintbrush handle. Secure jingle bell to one end and glue other end into top of hat
Insert a brush handle or dowel rod into Styrofoam ball to hold while painting. Make sure the hole is at the top of head when painting hair and gluing on hat.