Wood secretary, Cleaning supplies, Wood for shelf, Screw gun and screws, Wood putty, Decorative paper, Ruler, Scissors, Foam paintbrush, Flat-backed pearls, Glue
- Clean the furniture with spray and paper towels. Remove drawer pulls. OPTIONAL: Remove the lower drawer. Cut a piece of wood to fit the base of the furniture. This will serve as a shelf. Screw the shelf in place and fill any holes with wood filler. Allow to dry, sand and wipe clean.
- Using the chalk brush, paint the furniture with 3 coats of Vintage Victorian Pink. Allow for dry time in between. With this paint you won’t need a primer.
- Use decorative paper for the front, drawer fronts and inside back wall of the furniture. For this piece we used polka-dot paper on the front and faux mercury glass paper on the inside back wall. For the fronts of the drop-down and drawers, we cut the paper to size. For the inside back wall we cut the paper into equal sized paper squares. Repeat for the drawer fronts.
- Working with one paper at a time, apply a thick coat of Mod Podge to the back of the paper. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the furniture. Position the paper onto the furniture. Smooth the paper with a brayer or your fingers. Wait 15 minutes. Top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Continue with this method until the fronts are covered. Use this same method to paper the back with the squares.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge furniture to the entire piece of furniture.
- Paint the drawer pulls with the Vintage Victorian Pink. Pool Mod Podge on top of the drawer pull. Place flat-backed pearls on the pulls. Allow to dry.
- Create decorative beading by adding pearls to the gems mold trim section. Place the pearls so they have a space in between them. Heat a gold Mod Melt in a Mod Melter. Squeeze the Mod Melt into the empty spaces. Make sure you are connection the pearls as you go. Allow to cool and remove from the mold. Make as many as needed. Attach them along the edges of the drawer fronts and crown molding.
PROJECT TIP: Add interest to the edges by giving them a light sand with lightweight sandpaper.