Wood frame, Brush basin, Fine grit sandpaper, ¾” Flat brush, Scissors, 10” x 14” Paper doily, Waxed paper, White card stock, White foam core board, Assorted white buttons, gems, Small jingle bells, White and gold braid trim, White craft glue or hot glue
To provide more stability and strength when working with paper doilies, apply a coat of Mod Podge to front surface of doily. When dry, paper doily will not be as fragile to work with.
Get the Pattern
1. Basecoat wood frame Hot Pink using ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry.
2. Sand smooth wood frame using fine grit sandpaper.
3. Reapply base color and allow to dry.
4. Lay one 10” x 14” paper doily over waxed paper and Mod Podge entire front surface of doily; allow to dry.
5. Using patterns provided, cut white cardstock into ½”, ¾”, 1”, and 1 ¼” circles. Also cut two stars using pattern provided. Paint half of the circles and stars Metallic Inca Gold and the remaining half Metallic Silver Sterling.
6. Cut triangle shaped tree and stem from white foam core. Paint Hot Pink and allow to dry. If necessary, reapply a second coat of Hot Pink.
7. When Mod Podge’d paper doily is dry, cut from center a rectangle section the size of the frame opening and Mod Podge to frame cardboard insert.
8. When dry, accent edges with a wash of Hot Pink. Allow to dry.
1. Begin layering pattern of gold and silver circles on triangle tree base. Once happy with circle placement, glue in place using either white craft glue or hot glue gun.
2. Embellish tree with small hot pink jingle bells, gems and small white buttons.
3. Layer gold and silver stars and glue to top of tree.
1. Cut two “L” shaped borders from Mod Podge’d paper doily and Mod Podge to prepared pink wood frame. You may cut an angle or miter the corners using scissors. Allow to dry.
2. Glue white and gold braid trim to inside edge of frame.
3. Embellish one corner with a cluster of buttons and gems.
4. Glue tree to center of frame backing and assemble in frame. Enjoy!