1" Flat paintbrush, Lamp base, Vintage floral motif paper napkin or hand towel, Cotton yarn in ecru or white, Scissors, Ruler, Double-sided tape, Sandpaper
- Place double-sided tape onto lamp base – around the top and bottom rims and vertically spaced 2" rows.
- Begin wrapping yarn around lamp based, keeping rows close and touching each other, until entire lamp base is covered.
- Measure area for the napkin. Separate the napkin down to 1 ply. Tear away the edges where they will overlap in the back (this will give a better look by tearing rather than using scissors).
- Make sure to use a piece of plastic wrap that is larger than the napkin area that will be used. Place pattern face down on the plastic wrap. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over entire napkin surface.
- Pick up plastic wrap and place on top of string wrapped lamp base, smoothing napkin through the plastic wrap.
- Lift off plastic wrap.
- Paint top and bottom rims of lamp base with Bavarian. Let paint dry.
- Sand Bavarian lightly. Apply Mod Podge to napkin area. Let dry.