Wood Pieces 1/8" thick:
(4) 2-1/2" teardrops, (1) 1" teardrop, (2) 1-3/4" hearts, (2) 1-1/4" heart, (2) 1-1/2" ovals, Black permanent felt pen, #8 Flat brush, #1 liner brush, 3/4" flat brush, Sandpaper, 18 gauge green or gold craft wire, Scissors, Electric drill with small bit
- Sand all wood pieces. Apply All-Purpose Sealer and when the wood is completely dry, sand again as needed.
- Paint the following pieces:
Jubilee Green: 2 large hearts, 2 large teardrops and smaller one
Lime Green: smaller heart, 2 large teardrops
Spice Brown: oval shape
- Apple Frame: Paint the frame Opaque Red.
- Paint a White highlight on the apple frame.
- Glue brown stem into place on the apple frame.
- Carefully drill a small hole at the base of all hearts. Drill three small holes next to stem.
- Cut a piece of wire about 10" long. Thread wire from the front through one hole and up from the back through another. Thread a wire end through the hole in the heart and curl end of wire to secure. Continue with the smaller heart threading wire through remaining hole.
- Watermelon Frame: The third frame has a 1" Opaque Red border around the center opening.
- Paint the remainder of frame with Jubilee Green. Use the #8 flat brush to paint evenly spaced Lime Green stripes on the green area of the watermelon frame. Paint a White wavy line with liner brush between the red and green areas.
- The seeds are painted Black with White highlights.
- Strawberry Frame: Paint the frame Opaque Red.
- Use liner brush to paint Opaque Yellow seeds on the Strawberry frame.
- Glue 2 large teardrops painted Jubilee Green on the center top. Layer the 2 teardrops painted Lime Green between the Jubilee Green teardrops. Add the small teardrop on top as the stem.
- For All Frames: Apply Satin Exterior/Interior Varnish to all wood pieces. Detail all frames with black permanent pen after varnish has completely dried. Refer to photo for placement of detail lines.