FolkArt ® Stains - Oak, 2 oz. #2802, Wood Disk (any size works - we used a 1.5” disk), Large Ring Chain Oxidized Silver, Fancy Toggle Oxidized Silver, Jump Rings Oxidized Silver, Rubber Stamp – Cherry Blossom Design, Ink Pad, Paintbrush, Thin Paintbrush, Jewelry Pliers (chain nose), E6000 Glue
- Ink the rubberstamp.
- Stamp the image onto the top of the wood disk. Allow the ink to dry.
- Pre-heat the wood burning tool with the skinny tip attached.
- Burn the disk by drawing over the stamped image. Hold the tip for a long amount of time to create a deep burn, dragging the tip like a pencil to create a thin burned line.
- Add a coat of FolkArt Stain to the front and back of the wood disk. One coat will yield a light color, two or three coats will produce a darker color. Let dry.
- Using a thin paintbrush, apply Baby Pink and Yellow Citron paint to the stained disk to highlight the design.
- Use the Baby Pink to paint small flower buds and Yellow Citron to make small leaves. Let dry.
- Apply an even coat of Dimensional Magic to the top of the disk. Use a pin to pop any air bubbles.
- Let dry for 8 hours in a non-drafty place.
- Using 2 pairs of pliers, remove a large link from the loop chain.
- Apply E6000 glue to half of the large link and glue to the top back of the disk pendant. This will serve as a bail.
- Cut a length of chain to fit your neck.
- Using pliers attach a clasp to each end of the chain with jump-rings.
- Attach the disk pendant to the center of the chain with a jump-ring.
- Add more jump-rings to create a longer dangle pendant.