Subscribe to the Plaid Crafts Newsletter for craft project ideas, product news, our live events, and more!
Easter Sale! 20% OFF $60+
Hop into Easter crafting with EGG-CELLENT ideas! Save 20% on orders $60+ and get free U.S. ground shipping! Explore our Easter project inspirations! This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Click to copy
Sale Ends 2/24/24
Save 20% on supplies, and dive into the world of creativity with the Let's Paint Program! View all of our Youtube playlists. 20% off on orders $60+ and get free U.S. ground shipping! This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Sale Ends 3/2/24
Light your handmade menorah this year with this simple yet elegant project!
This project features these great brands:
At a Glance:
-8”x8” Wood Slice
1. Use your table saw to cut your wood slice in half. Cut an additional section off the bottom part of your slice, so that your menorah can sit upright. Use a ruler to mark nine holes on the flat edge of your wood slice. See project photo for reference. Use your drill to create nine holes in your menorah.
2. Find a pattern online that you want to transfer to your wood slice. Print out your pattern to the size of your slice. Place your transfer paper directly onto your slice. Place the pattern on top of your transfer paper. Trace the pattern with your pencil. Remove both layers of paper to reveal your transferred pattern.
3. Use your Plaid Decorative Wood Burning Tool to follow your transferred pattern and create a wood burned design. Follow the directions on the wood burning tool packaging.
4. Add painterly accents with your favorite Folkart Acrylic Colors. Let dry.
5. Place your candles in your menorah.
Learn more about FolkArt Premium Acrylic Paint by watching this video!
Crafting a new surface? Learn which FolkArt paint works best!
Frequently asked questions about FolkArt Paint.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.