Have you ever tried Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge
? It's the only
decoupage formula that allows you to decoupage on glass, ceramic, metal and so much more.
Preserve the beauty of your kitchen DIY projects with this multi-purpose, all-in-one glue, sealer, and finish
When using Mod Podge Dishwasher-Safe, decorative glassware, ceramics, and porcelain can be permanently decoupaged
and still be washable! Once properly applied and cured to the surface, projects can either be hand washed or are top-shelf dishwasher safe.
This formula is great for creating gifts for the holidays or for birthdays. You can easily add napkins, tissue paper, glitter, and so much more to your favorite mug, plate, or tumbler.
Today, we are going to go into detail about this formula, how to use it, and what you can create with it.
Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe comes in 3 convenient sizes to fit all your project needs. Shop all 3 now!
How To Use Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe
Here are all the things you need to know when using Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe
. These tips and tricks are a must read before using this formula for the first time.
- Make sure to clean glass, ceramics, and metal surfaces with rubbing alcohol before crafting on the surface.
- It is best to apply with a soft bristle brush.
- Apply 2-3 thin layer top coats; Allow to dry 1-2 hours between coats.
- This formula dries to a hard finish with no tack.
- Clean up tools like brushes or sponges while wet with soap and water.
- Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe is a non-toxic and water-based, making it easy to clean up!
- Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe is not food safe so make sure to always leave room for your lips to rest when drink from a crafted mug, wine glass, or tumbler.
- To add more fun to your DIY projects you can add any multi-surface formula of acrylic paint to your the dishwasher safe formula to create a fun and durable layer of color to your piece. This will create a fun water-color effect.
- After air curing for a full 28 days, your decoupage project is top-shelf dishwasher safe with regular detergent on regular cycle.
- When washing your decoupage project in the dishwasher, your decoupage layer will absorb a little water and create a milky look. Your project will be a little tender at this point, so be careful when handling. But do not be alarmed; it will fully dry to its original state.
What Can You Make With This Formula?
Click on each image below for instructions, supplies, and more!
You can do so much with this unique formula and we have gathered some of our favorite video tutorials from some of our Mod Podge experts and classes. Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe is the perfect way to upcycle old jars, mugs, or plates and give them new life.
Love Mod Podge? Check out our entire playlist of Make it with Mod Podge episodes
with Cathie and Steve! Each Thursday at 6:30 PM ET a new episode airs on our Facebook page, follow us now
so you never miss an episode!
Time to Create!
What will you create with Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe? We would love to see your creations! Tag us on social media using #PlaidCrafts. You could be featured on our social media!