How to Use Mod Podge Photo Transfer
With Mod Podge Photo Transfer, you can produce beautiful, personalized projects by transferring black-and-white or color images onto surfaces such as wood, canvas, and fabric in just a few simple steps. Keep reading below to learn three different techniques on how to use Mod Podge Photo Transfer, watch a video about the product, download a FREE eBook, and get some tips and tricks on how to use it successfully.
Mod Podge Photo Transfer - Direct-to-Surface Technique
- Start by creating a photocopy of your picture using a dry toner powdered copier and cut it to size.
- Next, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium to image side of copy.
- Place on to surface face down. Smooth out with fingers or squeegee.
- Allow to dry 24 hours. Place moist sponge on top of paper. Slowly rub away paper.
- The image will then be transferred to the surface.
Mod Podge Photo Transfer - Decal Technique
- Photocopy or print image using a laser printer onto regular printer paper.
- Apply thick layer of Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium to image side of copy so that it's completely covered.
- Place face up on a piece of wax paper or craft mat and allow to completely dry for 24 hours.
- When dry, flip the image over and apply a wet a sponge to moisten the paper on the back of the image. Begin to rub over wet paper lightly; the excess paper should dissolve away from the backside of the treated image. Allow to dry.
- Once dry, a white haze may form where some of the paper still remains. Repeat the wetting process until all the paper residue is gone.
- Image is now a decal. Carefully peel up image from wax paper or craft mat.
- Apply to glass surface face up. The image decal will cling to the glass.
Mod Podge Photo Transfer - Fabric Application
- Start by creating a photocopy of your picture using a dry toner powdered copier and cut the image to size.
- Next, apply a thick layer of Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium to image side of copy. Place a piece of cardboard covered with wax paper between fabric layers.
- Then, place the image face-down on to the fabric, smoothing it out with your fingers or a squeegee.
- Finally, after allowing it to dry for 24 hours, place a most sponge on top of the paper and slowly rub away the paper. The image should then be transferred to fabric. Air-dry for 72 hours. Wash in cool water or the gentle cycle and hang to dry.
Watch this Video to Learn More about Mod Podge Photo Transfer
Mod Podge Photo Transfer Tips & Tricks
- Never use actual photographs; always use photocopies made with a dry toner copier.
- If your image has words on it, create a reversed photocopy so that the text will read correctly on your final project.
- Protect your work surface by laying down craft paper or wax paper.
- Apply the medium to your project evenly and with medium thickness.
- When using a sponge to remove the backing paper, use a light touch so as not to disrupt your transferred image.
- Clean-up is easy while wet with mild soap and warm water.
Free Mod Podge Photo Transfer eBook
Click the button below to download a free eBook with 10 project ideas on using Mod Podge Photo Transfer!
Buy the Supplies Needed for Photo Transfer Projects
Mod Podge ® Photo Transfer Kit - PROMOMP15067
Mod Podge ® Photo Transfer Tool Set, 3 pc. - 44801
Mod Podge ® Photo Transfer Medium, 8 oz. - CS15067
Mod Podge ® Image Transfer Medium Clear, 8 oz. - CS11216