Location: Norcross, GA
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the assigned Products Portfolio’s vision, strategy, and product roadmap working under the direction of the Category Director. This is accomplished through the management of the entire product lifecycle from market/customer needs assessment, competitive analysis, new product launch, and product rationalization. The Product Manager will develop and manage the external market message and brand positioning as well as the internal margin maintenance/improvement and product quality. In addition the Product Manager will work on a cross-functional team of external partners and internal resources of designers, graphics, operations, venders and marketing.
- Develop marketing plans for new products and line extensions capable of meeting and exceeding category annual sales plan.
- Develop specific product vision & strategy to create unique selling proposition for all elements of program along with specific product features & benefits, pricing targets, merchandising, competitive overview and timeline.
- Manage the product development process to the customer and internal requirements.
- In partnership with communication team, develop and execute consumer marketing campaigns which will include-internet, social media and customer specific events.
- Champion product development process from inception to ship date while collaborating with designers, lab, legal, manufacturing, purchasing, sourcing, graphics, QA, consumer testing to establish the product specifications to meet consumer, trade and manufacturing expectations.
- Develop design, packaging and merchandising objectives.
- Test components and formulations to ensure approved specifications are met.
- Create and manage item cost sheets, program ROI’s, and annual expense budget.
- Create compelling presentation materials to support customer specific presentations which will include writing features, benefits and specifications along with preparing actual packaging prototypes, photos, finished samples, etc.
- Plan merchandising space to optimize customer assortments.
- Participate in SKU Management Activities and monitor competitive activity in category along with new product additions and retail placement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Consumer Packaged Goods Product Management exp.
- Proven track record in establishing and achieving goals with an emphasis in new product development.
- Must stay current on all trends in industries that can relate back to crafts.
- Excellent project management skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Some Travel required throughout the year to trade shows etc.
- Excellent computer skills-Word, Advanced Excel, Power Point and Lotus Notes