How to Cure Painted Glass Projects
Glass surfaces painted with FolkArt Enamels or one of Plaid's multi-surface acrylic paints
must be cured prior to use, either through baking and air-drying. Note also that you MUST use the bake method for items you intend to wash in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Bake Method for Curing Painted Glass Projects
- Allow painted item to dry for 24 hours to be sure all layers of paint have dried.
- Place project in a cool oven, as the glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage; do not place glass in a hot oven.
- Set oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Once temperature has reached 350ºF, allow the project to bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and let glass cool down completely before removing from the oven.
- Do not use for 72 hours.
Air-Dry Method for Curing Painted Glass Projects
Paint is cured to the surface after 21 days; however, air-dried projects are NOT suitable for use in the top rack of your dishwasher.