What is a Mod Podge Mod Melter?
The Mod Podge Mod Melter is a uniquely designed tool that takes the traditional hot glue gun to a whole new level! It can be used as an all-purpose, mini high temperature glue gun, but it was also specifically manufactured to be used with Mod Podge Mod Melts to create Mod Mold embellishments.
How can the Mod Podge Mod Melter be used?
The Mod Podge Mod Melter can be used with any craft project where a mini hi-temp hot glue gun would be used. It can also be used with Mod Podge Mod Melts and Mod Molds to create beautiful craft embellishments.
What special features does the Mod Podge Mod Melter have?
The Mod Podge Mod Melter offers many improvements over the traditional mini hi-temp glue gun including:
- The Mod Melter has a unique shape which allows the crafter to hold it vertically, giving an unobstructed view of where they are gluing.
- The longer tip is wrapped in silicone, which allows for glue placement in tight spaces without fear of burning or melting surfaces. The silicone tip also means less mess, as Mod Melts and hot glue sticks do not stick to the tip.
- The Mod Podge Mod Melter is specifically designed to remain hot through an entire length of a glue stick or Mod Podge Mod Melt.
- An extra-long 6 ft. electrical cord makes it convenient to move about freely while working on a project.
- A convenient on/off switch allows the crafter to turn off the Mod Melter without having to unplug it.
- An extra wide built-in stand at the base of the Mod Melter enables the crafter to easily and securely rest the Mod Melter when not in use.
- A larger easy-to-press control trigger allows additional finger placement, equalizing the pressure on the Mod Melter grip.
- A silicone soft grip on the Mod Melter body allows for a comfortable grip.
Can I use the Mod Podge Mod Melter with regular hot glue sticks?
Yes, the Mod Podge Mod Melter can be used with either Mod Podge Mod Melts or mini hi-temp hot glue sticks.
How do I use my Mod Podge Mod Melter?
- Plug the Mod Podge Mod Melter into 120VAC electrical outlet.
- Insert a Mod Podge Mod Melt or mini hi-temp hot glue stick through opening at rear of Mod Melter.
- Using on/off switch, turn the Mod Melter on.
- After 5 – 7 minutes, the Mod Melter is heated and ready for use.
- Direct tip of Mod Melter where desired and begin to lightly squeeze the trigger. The pressure on the trigger will determine the amount of melted stick released.
- If filling a Mod Podge Mod Mold, begin by directing the tip of the Mod Melter in the center of the mold impression and squeeze the trigger directing the melted Mod Melt until the entire mold is filled.
- If necessary, reload the Mod Melter with a new Mod Melt and continue working.
- Do not leave Mod Melter on when not in use.
- After use, turn Mod Melter off and unplug from electrical outlet.
- Allow to completely cool prior to storing.
Are there any companion products to the Mod Podge Mod Melter?
Yes, the Mod Melter works with the Mod Podge Mod Melts now available in Milk Glass White and Sea Glass Clear, as well as opaque and neon colors, metallics, and even glitters.
When crafting with the Mod Podge Melts and Molds, crafters can create dimensional resin-like embellishments that can be used for general crafting, scrapbooking projects, and home décor creations.
Also, the Mod Podge Silicone Craft Mat is a perfect partner for the Mod Melter. The Silicone Craft Mat is heat resistant up to 600° and will protect your work surface. It is stain-resistant and very easy to clean, as normal crafting products such as paint, Mod Podge and other glues will not stick to it!
What are some tips for changing colors of the glue stick in the tool?
When you know that you are only going to use a little of the glue stick, cut it in half or thirds before putting it in the melter. Also, remember that there is a period of mixed colors as the transition of colors is made.
Try to plan your usage for the transitional pieces to be painted. You can also use a clear stick between colors to clear the Mod Melter.
What is the best place to expel unwanted color?
Always dispense excess on the Mod Podge mat, or a non-heat sensitive surface. Also remember that the alphabet mold is a great personalizing source, so use transitional glue to make letters that are frequently used such as the vowels.
How do I clean the tip of the gun?
Caution: Tip will be HOT! It is best to clean it just after it is turned on and the tip is heating up. Use a paper towel and rotate the tip into multiple layers of toweling.
How can I best control strings of glue?
Stop squeezing the trigger before you remove the Melter from the crafting surface. That will minimize the amount of glue coming out of the tip. Also, hold the Melter tip just above the surface for a few seconds before pulling up and away.
This will cool the glue and stop the flow. Always work over a Mod Podge mat and strings can be easily cleaned off.
My Mod Melter smoked a little when I first plugged it in, is that cause for alarm?
No need for alarm. New appliances occasionally smoke a little when first plugged in. If it continues, unplug and contact the manufacturer.
Can I use other hot melt glue stick on the Mod Melter?
Yes, any mini high temp glue stick will fit and work in the Mod Melter.
Why is my Mod Melter starting to discolor my Mod Melts after 20 minutes or so of use?
You should turn the Mod Melter off after 20 minutes if not in use. Mod Melts that have not been dispensed in the Mod Melter can begin to burn.