FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Peridot, 2 oz. #2789, 3 graduated wooden trays, 1" thick x 12" long wooden dowel, 5/8" thick wooden dowel 12" long, 12 1-1/4" head beads, Large 1-3/4" knob, 24 small eyescrews, 12 3" long pieces of silver wire, Miter saw or jigsaw, 4" clay pot, 3/8" sheer white ribbon, Wood glue, Weldbond glue, Drill, Wire pliers, 3/4" flat brush, 5/8" dauber, 1/4" flat brush, New pencil with unused eraser
- Cut the 1" dowel to the following lengths: 4-1/2",4",2-1/4".
- Drill a tiny hole in each corner on the bottom of each tray.
- Cut the 5/8" dowel into twelve 3/4" pieces with jigsaw or miter saw.
- Using the wood glue, insert 3/4" pieces into the head beads to form an ornament. Allow wood to dry. Drill a tiny hole into the top of wooden ornament for eyescrew.
- Glue the 4-1/2" dowel piece to the center of the largest tray. Glue the 4" dowel piece to the center of the medium size tray and lastly glue the smallest dowel piece to the smallest tray in the center. You should now have 3 seperate pieces with dowels sticking out for the center of each.
- Basecoat trays Fresh Foliage, leaving a small part, smaller than the size of the 1" dowel, on the bottoms, in the center, unpainted so that when you go to glue the trays together you will be gluing onto raw wood and not painted wood. This will give you a stronger hold. Once dry, apply 3 coats of Peridot Extreme Glitter. Allow glitter to dry between coats.
- Paint the center dowels Wicker White. Allow to dry and then add 1/2" Engine Red stripes.
- Paint the large knob, bottom of clay pot and ornaments Engine Red, allow to dry. Paint the tops of ornament Metallic Silver Sterling. Allow to dry and then add eyescrews. Paint the rim of the clay pot Wicker White. Allow to dry. Paint dots onto ornaments by using the end of the paint brush dipped in Wicker White. Make dots on the large knob with the end of a pencil eraser. Paint Engine Red stripes on the rim of pot using 1/4" flat brush. Make large dots on pot using the dauber. Allow to dry.
- Add eyescrews to bottom of trays at previously drilled holes.
- Using the wire pliers curl both ends of the 3" pieces. Add to ornaments.
- Using the wood glue, attach all parts together including the large wooden knob at the top. Glue the bottom upside down onto the bottom tray using the Weldbond glue. Allow to dry.
- Add ornaments to the eyescrews underneath each tray.
- Tie white sheer bows around each ornament.