Plastic coffee jug, 3½" Styrofoam™ ball, 2 - 1½" Styrofoam™ ball, 18" wire, Orange paper, Black paper, Scissors, ¾" flat brush, Small round brush, Hot glue, Craft knife (used by adult), Newspaper, Knife
- Clean the inside of coffee jug with soap and water.
- Cut or tear newspaper into small pieces. Glue them to the jug with Mod Podge. Do not glue any paper to the rim to assure that the lid will fit back onto the jug. Allow to dry.
- Ask an adult to cut a 1¼" x ¼" slot for money using the craft knife in the front of the top of the bank as shown in photo.
- Ask an adult to cut the large Styrofoam™ ball in half.
- Hot glue the Styrofoam™ ball to the bottom of the jug (top of head).
- To make brain, take the end of small brush and make indentions in a squiggly pattern.
- Paint everything Lime Green except for the lid. Allow to dry. Take small round brush and paint the inside of the squiggly pattern on brain with Classic Green.
- Cut out eyes from orange paper using pattern provided and cut a 1/8" x 2 5/8" strip from the black paper for the mouth. Glue in place. Allow to dry and then cover the entire alien with Mod Podge.
- Paint 1½" styrofoam balls Pure Orange. Allow to dry.
- Wrap wire around a pencil to make a spring. Hot glue springs to the orange balls. Hot glue the other ends into the top of the brain.