FolkArt ® Easy to Paint Rub-On Patterns - Birds #5201, Wood tray, (4) 1-1/2” Wood knobs for feet, Foam plate or palette, Container for water, Paper towels, Masking or stencil tape, White craft glue, Paintbrushes, Rubbing tool
- Basecoat surface with two coats of Baby Blue inside the tray and Sky Blue on the outside, allowing paint to dry between coats. Paint wood knobs Sky Blue.
- Cut desired design elements from Rub-On Pattern sheet. Arrange elements on project surface dark side down and secure with tape.Using flat end of Rub-On Tool, rub along pattern lines using gentle pressure to transfer pattern onto project surface.
- Paint basic design shapes and when dry, transfer detail lines.
- Create a pattern of 2” circles using a circle template or by tracing around a circular object such as a glass. Load the #10 Flat with Sky Blue; paint circles.Using handle end of the 3/4" Flat, paint Sky Blue 1/4" dots between large circles. Allow to dry.
- Load #8 Round with Tapioca; paint bird’s belly. Using same brush, paint lower wing Buttercup.
- Paint branch, tail and wing section Asphaltum using same brush.
- Paint remaining wing sections Burnt Sienna using #1 Liner. Using same brush loaded with thinned Burnt Sienna; paint legs.
- Load #8 Round with Pure Black; paint head and beak. Using same brush, paint cheek Winter White; paint leaves Forest Moss.
- Shade Buttercup wing using #1 Liner and thinned Burnt Sienna.
- Add Burnt Sienna to edge of belly with #1 Liner. Use Blending Tool to shade. Thin Buttercup; paint highlights on leaves using #1 Liner.
- Load #1 Liner with thinned Winter White; paint details on wings. Using same brush, thin Asphaltum; paint veins on leaves.
- Load handle end of the #8 Round with Winter White; paint white of eye.
- Paint pupil Pure Black using stylus. Load #1 Liner with Winter White; paint highlight on beak and eye.