Woodpile Fun™ 8” popsicle sticks, Stretched canvas 16” x 20”, Wooden circles, Eye screws, Wire, Wire cutter, Small hand drill, White chenille stems, Gold glitter foam sheet, Scissors, Glue, Flat brush ½”, Liner brush #1, Stencil brush ¼”, Chalk, Black permanent marker, Water basin, Foam plates, Paper towels
- Paint twelve wood sticks with Sawgrass, Summer Peach and Jamaican Sea. When dry, paint Wicker White stripes diagonally to create candles.
- Stencil abbreviated months of the year on the candles vertically using Licorice and Peel & Stick alphabet.
- Drill small holes in both sides of wood circles. Paint using same colors as candles. Write children’s names with marker.
- Cut chenille stem into small strips for wicks. Cut out twelve gold glitter flames. Glue flames to wicks, then to backs of candles.
- Apply several coats of chalkboard paint to canvas allowing dry time between coats. When dry, condition the surface by rubbing side of chalk over canvas and wipe with paper towel.
- Insert twelve eye screws along one side of canvas. Create small ‘s” hooks from wire.
- Glue candles along opposite side of canvas.
- Write saying with chalk on canvas.
- Attach wood circles together with “s” hooks under appropriate months.