8” x 10” Oval canvas, Tall oval scalloped wood plaque, Paper mache cube block ornament, 1 1/8” Acorn dowel cap, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Fine grit sandpaper, Scissors, Pencil, ¾” Flat brush, Color complimentary scrapbook paper, Hot glue/gun
- Basecoat large scalloped plaque Buttercream. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper.
- Load ¾” flat brush with both Buttercream and Peach Fuzz, using the slip slap technique, paint a mottled background on the plaque. Be careful not to over blend as you want to see the two colors slipped and slapped over each other. Allow to dry.
- Position the Leaf Variety stencil where desired and stencil randomly over the plaque. I used Peach Fuzz, Glazed Carrots and Deep Tomato Red to stencil a fall colored leaf. Allow to dry.
- Basecoat the underneath side of the oval canvas Glazed Carrots. Allow to dry.
- Using the slip slap technique, paint a mottled background on the canvas sides and edge using both Peach Fuzz and Glazed Carrots. Paint the same on the wood acorn dowel cap. Allow to dry.
- Using a pencil and the Leaf Variety stencil, trace a few leaves onto your scrapbook paper. Cut the paper leaves out using scissors.
- Attach the paper leaves inside the canvas panel using Matte Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Basecoat the paper mache block ornament using the slip slap technique with Peach Fuzz and Buttercream. Allow to dry.
- Stencil “Joy” on all four horizontal sides of the block ornament. I stenciled an ombre effect using Peach Fuzz, Glazed Carrots and Deep Tomato Red.
- Attach the painted wood acorn dowel cap to the top of the canvas edge using hot glue.
- Hang the completed block ornament from the acorn dowel and enjoy the message of “Joy.”
: Switch it up
change the word to “Fall” or change the color palette to represent winter holiday colors! Have fun, express yourself!