Lamp shade, Fabric, Iron, Scissors, Foam paintbrush, Trim, Hot glue gun, Hot glue
- Make the template: Tape one edge of the paper to the seam on the lampshade. (you might need to piece several sheets of paper together). Wrap the paper around the lampshade and secure with tape. Using a pencil trace along the top and bottom edge of the shade. Cut along the pencil lines.
- Pin the template to your ironed fabric. Cut around the template leaving a 1” border around all sides. Iron one side seam edge back 1”.
- Apply Fabric Mod Podge to the lampshade. Line up the non-ironed edge of the fabric with the seam on the lampshade. You should have a 1” over hang on the top and bottom. Wrap the fabric around the shade. Apply more Mod Podge to the edge that is ironed-over and press against the lampshade to secure.
- Using Mod Podge, glue the 1” overhang to the top and bottom inside of the shade.
- Attach trim to the top and bottom edges of the lampshade with a Mod Melter.
PROJECT TIP: Add sparkle to a fabric lampshade by painting a little Sparkle Mod Podge over the fabric designs.