Foam plate, Brush Basin or container for water, Photo copy of photographs, Waxed paper, Assorted buttons, Fine grit sandpaper, Wood trinket box
1. Basecoat entire box Coffee Bean. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply Coffee Bean if needed. Allow to dry.
2. If desired, paint the routed edge or any trim that may be exposed with Licorice. Allow to dry.
3. Cut a variety of paper shapes creating a collage of patterns and layers and trim photo copies of photographs to desired sizes.
4. Cut alphabet letters “Mom you create” or spell your favorite saying and fill in the blank with one of the words. “Happiness” is used in the photo.
Mod Podge Instructions:
1. With each paper piece, brush a coat of Matte Mod Podge onto the surface of the wood trinket box as well as the back side of the paper using a ¾” flat brush.
2. Position the paper where desired keeping glue to glue and press in place.
3. Next place a sheet of waxed paper over your papered project surface. Using your Mod Podge squeegee, press and drag the squeegee over the paper from the center towards the edges to remove any excess medium as well as any air pockets. Remove waxed paper. Repeat until each piece of paper is in place creating layers by overlapping some of the design elements. Allow to dry.
4. Continue using same techniques to adhere the photograph photo copies as well.
5. Allow space on the top of the box to Mod Podge your text or saying.
6. Allow to dry; then apply a top coat of Mod Podge over entire project to seal all of the papers to the trinket box.
7. Apply Dimensional Magic on saying and the word label “Happiness.” Allow to dry.
8. Embellish the trinket box by glueing buttons where desired.