#12 flat brush, #1 script liner, Stencil brush, Wood French Corner Plaque, Plaid Stencils - Value Packs - Letter Stencils - Genie (item #29418), Container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, Scissors, Pencil, 1” wide pink ribbon, 1/4” wide black satin ribbon, 1” foam brush, Household sponge, Masking tape, Fine grit sandpaper, White household glue or hot glue gun
Surface Preparation: Sand the surface rough areas with fine grit sandpaper. Wipe off with paper towel.
- Basecoat paint the following areas: Surface of the Plaque – Wicker White Edges of the Plaque - Licorice
- Tape masking tape in place to create horizontal lines. Moisten a household sponge with water, squeeze to remove excess water and dab the moist sponge into Bright Pink. Dab on a paper towel then dab color onto the exposed areas of the plaque. Let dry and remove tape.
- Sketch the words “The princess is” on the plaque using the horizontal lines as a guide. Sketch a star and handle to the left creating the princess wand.
- Load a No. 2 Script Liner with thinned Licorice; paint the words “The princess is”. To paint the heart over the “i”, dip the brush handle in Licorice and make to joining dots. Pull down in the center where the two dots are joined to create the tail of the heart.
- Using flat brush, paint a large "i" and "n" Parisian Pink. Outline the left side and bottom of each letter with thinned Licorice using the script liner brush.
- Paint the star Metallic Pure Gold using the flat brush. Add descending dots by dipping the brush handle in Metallic Pure Gold; paint a series of dots without reloading the brush.
- When dry, paint over the Pure Gold with Extreme Gitter Gold paint for a glittery effect. When dry, outline the star with thinned Licorice using the No. 2 Script Liner Brush and paint the wand handle.
- Cut lengths of both pink and black ribbon. Using household glue or a hot glue gun, glue the two ribbons together. Fold over to create a loop and glue to the back of the plaque creating the hanger.
- Don’t forget to sign your name. Enjoy!