Large paper mache letter “H”, Small wood frame, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Fine grit sandpaper, ¾” flat brush, hot glue/gun, Stencil tape
- Basecoat paper mache letter H Gilded Oak using a ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry and reapply if necessary.
- Basecoat wood frame Camel. Allow to dry; and sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper. Reapply basecoat when dry.
- Tape diagonally across the wood frame. Paint remaining open areas Wicker White; remove tape and allow to dry.
- Stencil Caribbean stencil randomly over paper mache letter using Camel.
- Stencil Swirl Background over entire wood frame using Gilded Oak.
- The phrase, “There is no place like home.” Is stenciled Wicker White using the Family Stencil.
- Allow to dry and attach wooden frame with your home photo included onto the paper mache letter using hot glue.
Tip: When stenciling, you can use either a pouncing / stippling or a circular motion to apply the paint through each stencil. Try using a Spouncer and/or dauber to stencil when using the pouncing technique.