Ashland™ tin container 057672, Tape, Flat brush ½”, Liner brush #1, Rubbing alcohol, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam plates, Craft knife
- Wash tin container with mild soap and water. Dry and then wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any leftover residue.
- Tape off just below the handles and the bottom edge of the container.
- Base coat with Vivid Orange. Apply several coats allowing drying time between applications.
- Using flat brush, paint vertical stripes of alternating Pueblo and Pure Orange leaving a Vivid Orange stripe between. Let dry.
- Score along edge of tape with craft knife before removing to prevent any paint pulling up.
- Starting in the middle of one side of container, place the letter “I” adhesive stencil from the word “TRICK”. Place remaining letters as shown.
- Use the detail painter to apply Licorice through stencil. Carefully remove stencils and apply the rest of the phrase.
- Apply Licorice diamond elements from stencil around words. Use opposite end of paintbrush dipped in Wicker White to create dot detail. Use liner brush to paint starbursts as shown with Wicker White.
- Paint wood handle Licorice.
Tip: Personalize tin container with a name for another look.