Galvanized tin planter, Waxed paper, Paper towels, Disposable cups, White distilled vinegar
- Prepare the galvanized tin planter by washing it in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry. Next, wipe the exterior of the planter with a paper towel moistened with white distilled vinegar to ensure that the metal surface is thoroughly clean and free of any soap residue.
- Protect your work surface by placing a sheet of waxed paper over it.
- Using the Direct Pour Technique, squeeze a small amount of White onto the rim area of the metal planter while holding it over the waxed paper. Working quickly and while still wet, squeeze a small amount of Sour Apple and Yellow along the rim area too. Gently tilt the planter from side to side to allow the paints to slightly swirl and create marbleized patterns.
- When the entire surface is covered, carefully set the planter on a riser such as a tin can or disposable cup to keep the planter from making direct contact with your work surface while the Marbling paint is drying. Marbling paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours.
- Once cured, spray the painted surface with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealer.
: FolkArt Marbling is not dishwasher-safe; all glazed ceramic or glass surfaces should be kept for decorative purposes only.