Subscribe to the Plaid Crafts Newsletter for craft project ideas, product news, our live events, and more!
Whimsical birdhouse takes on new dimension with found objects.
At a Glance:
This project features these great brands:
1. Base coat plaque Dark Brown. Rub candle or wax stick over surface and paint Titanium White. When dry sand plaque until desired weathered effect.
2. Paint edge Solid Bronze.
3. Transfer birdhouse pattern to plaque. Tape off body and paint Buttercup. Leave tape and stencil Ditsy Floral with Lemonade. Remove tape.
4. Lay tape over pedestal and cut shape with craft knife. Tape off roof. Paint roof Hot Saffron and pedestal Butter Pecan.
5. Leave tape on both and stencil roof with scroll design in Pure Orange.
6. Dry brush pedestal with Linen and paint detail lines in Dark Brown with liner brush. Remove tape.
7. Stencil grass in Clover and dragonflies with Jamaican Sea and Calypso Sky. Bodies of dragonflies are Solid Bronze.
8. Using craft knife, carefully care a slit for key. Glue key and found objects to plaque.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.