Flat brush ¼”-1/2”, Stencil brush ¼”-1/2”, Liner brush #1, Wood plaque 12” x 10”, Sandpaper, Transfer paper, Tape, Craft knife, Found objects –gears and keys, Glue, Wax stick or white candle
1. Base coat plaque Dark Brown. Rub candle or wax stick over surface and paint Titanium White. When dry sand plaque until desired weathered effect.
2. Paint edge Solid Bronze.
3. Transfer birdhouse pattern to plaque. Tape off body and paint Buttercup. Leave tape and stencil Ditsy Floral with Lemonade. Remove tape.
4. Lay tape over pedestal and cut shape with craft knife. Tape off roof. Paint roof Autumn Leaves and pedestal Butter Pecan.
5. Leave tape on both and stencil roof with scroll design in Glazed Carrots.
6. Dry brush pedestal with Linen and paint detail lines in Dark Brown with liner brush. Remove tape.
7. Stencil grass in Clover and dragonflies with Jamaican Sea and Calypso Sky. Bodies of dragonflies are Solid Bronze.
8. Using craft knife, carefully care a slit for key. Glue key and found objects to plaque.