Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Rubbing alcohol, Assorted glass plates, White ceramic mugs, White ceramic plates
- Prepare all glassware by washing in warm soapy water, rinse well and dry thoroughly. Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe surfaces to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap residue.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the surface. (I used Gloss on all glass surfaces; however, you may choose to use matte.)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finishto the front side of the paper cut-out. Because we are working in reverse, you will be gluing the front of the paper to the back of the glass plate. (NOTE: When decoupaging the mugs, glue the backside of the paper cut-out to the front side of the mug.)
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- If desired, accent Metallic Gold stenciled leaves around the edges as an embellishment to the paper cur-outs. Use a small pouncer and the adhesive stencil to create the leaf trims.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- If desired, apply Wedding Cake Satin to the entire backside of the plate. Wedding Cake may be pounced onto the plate until opaque coverage is achieved over the glass plate as well as the paper cut-outs.
- To create the gold charger type plates, set up the spray paint kit using Metallic Gold and Gloss Medium. Spray two white ceramic plates until desired color is achieved.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
: When decoupaging on glass or ceramic drink ware, be sure to tape or mask a lip line approximately 5/8” from the top of the drinking vessel.