Martha Stewart Crafts ® Condensed Alphabet Adhesive Stencils #32980, Flowerpots, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, rubbing alcohol, small flat craft paintbrush
1. Stencil each flower pot label with Pool. If desired, paint Scallion bands at the top and bottom of the flower pot. Accent with a stenciled zig zag border of Wedding Cake.
2. A small tin watering can be decorated to match! Using the Martha Stewart Crafts Spray Paint System, paint a metal watering can Pool and accent with a stenciled Wedding Cake zig zag border.
1. Wash ceramic flower pots in warm soapy water to thoroughly clean, rinse well and allow to dry. Moisten paper towels with rubbing alcohol and wipe over cleaned ceramic surfaces to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
2. Position adhesive stencils on project surface where desired; press to secure in place.
1. Squeeze a small amount of paint onto a foam plate or palette.
2. Load a foam pouncer with paint by dabbing into the puddle. Dab a few times more on a clean spot on the foam plate to ensure you have the entire foam pouncer properly loaded with paint. Holding the foam pouncer as you would a pencil, begin dabbing up and down over the opening of the stencil. Continue stenciling until the entire design area has been painted. Set the foam pouncer aside and immediately lift the adhesive stencil to reveal the stenciled letter.
3. Continue stenciling each letter as desired. Embellish with a zig zag border!
4. Set completed project aside to thoroughly dry.
All project surfaces painted with Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Paints should be cured to increase the paint’s durability. On a ceramic surface such as these flower pots, it is best to follow either the Bake to Cure Technique or Air Cure Technique.
Bake to Cure Technique – Set dry silkscreened glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do NOT place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.
Air Cure Technique – Air dry completed project for 21 days before using. NOTE: Glitter Glass Paints should not be baked to cure; only use air cure technique when painting with glitter paints.