Raw wood letter, Waxed paper, Paper towels, Disposable cups, Fine grit sandpaper
Optional: Basecoat the letter with Wicker White. Allow to dry and sand any rough spots using fine grit sandpaper until smooth. Basecoating raw wood with acrylic paint helps the FolkArt Pre-mixed Pouring Paint swirl more easily.
- Protect your work surface by placing a sheet of waxed paper over it.
- Using the Direct Pour Technique and working one color at a time, begin squeezing a small amount of paint onto the letter. Immediately repeat squeezing the second color onto the letter.
- Lift and tilt the letter in various directions to allow the paint to swirl as desired. Be sure to allow excess paint to flow off the edges and cover the sides of the letter.
- Once happy with the marbled effect created, set the letter horizontally level on risers such as the small disposable cups so that the paint will dry without making direct contact with the protected work surface. The paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours.
- Once cured, spray the painted surface with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealer.