ArtMinds Birdhouses: Church #10328248; Tall #10082632; Cone Shape #10204373, Downloadable fairy house embellishment template, Scrapbook papers, Three (3) basswood rounds, Bag of mini wood rounds, Color pencils, Miniature deer and trees, Scissors, Aluminum foil, Masking tape, Pinecones and acorns, Paper plates, Paper towels, Water basin
- Select a wood finish for the Church and the Cone Shape houses. Cut the paper to fit and Mod Podge onto the houses with Ultra Matte Chalk.
- For the Tall house, paint the base of the house in Vintage white. Let dry. Using the Mod Melter, create “stone” mounds directly on the sides of the house. Let dry completely on a side before moving on to another side. Let dry and then paint the stones with Linen.
- Paint the Church doors Cardinal Red. Let dry.
To create the roofs:
- Church roof is made of embossed scrapbook paper cut to fit. Mod Podge in place. And then add collage clay “snow” and sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
- Tall house roof is made of coating the roof in collage clay and inserting pine cone buds into the clay. Sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
- For the Cone Shape house roof. Cover the roof in aluminum foil and mold into a mushroom top shape. Cover the shape in masking tape. Coat with collage clay and smooth out using a damp brush. Let dry. Paint the mushroom top in Cardinal Red with Vintage White dots. Let dry. Lastly, add collage clay “snow” and sprinkle with glitter before it dries.
To create the embellishments:
- Print the downloadable Winter Fairy House template at 100%. Lay the template underneath the silicone craft mat. Trace the outlines of the church windows in Silver. Let cool and remove from mat. Repeat until you get the amount of windows you need. Using the template as a guide, color in the stain glass design on a piece of paper. Cut it out and glue to the back of the Mod Melt windows.
- Outline and fill in the doors with the Mod Melter in Gold. Let cool. Paint Real Brown and dry brush wood grain in Burnt Umber. Let dry. Glue a yellow piece of paper behind the window openings.
- Outline the arch windows with decorative trim in Gold. Let cool. Repeat. Paint Real Brown and dry brush wood grain in Burnt Umber. Let dry. Glue a yellow piece of paper behind the window openings.
- Outline and fill in the foliage stems using White Mod Melts. Let cool then add the berries to the stems. Repeat to achieve the desired amount of foliage embellishments. Paint the stems in Real Brown, the leaves in Hunter Green and Clover and the berries Cardinal Red. Let dry completely. Add a final coat of Extreme Glitter for an added sparkle.
- Using the Mod Mold, create four rectangle frames for the Tall house windows. Mod Mold six of the floral square design. Mod Mold two rows of the trim. Paint all of the cooled molds in Real Brown.
- Apply the embellishments to the houses with the Mod Melter. Touch up with paint as needed. See project photo as guide.
Get the Pattern
- Glue the each house to a large wood round. Glue small wood rounds to create a pathway between houses.
- Apply the collage clay “snow” on the ground and insert the foliage and deer. Finally, sprinkle glitter before it dries.