Small smooth rocks, White gel pen, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select 12 rocks that have a flat surface in which to paint. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Paint six rocks in a solid color of the paints listed (except white) using the angled flat brush. Let dry.
- Mix each of the six colors with white to a 1:1 ratio to create a lighter shade. Paint the remaining six rocks in these solid lighter shades. Let dry.
- Paint each rock with varying shades of a single color by mixing different amounts of white. See project photo for inspiration for designs and sayings.
- Write the saying on the dried painted rock in a white gel pen. Draw the letters with enough space in between each letter to be able to paint over the lines and still read. If you make a mistake you can wipe away with a little water and paper towel until you get it just right.
- Paint each saying in white using the liner brush. Let dry.
- Share your Feel Good Rocks with us at #plaidcrafts!