French inspired ceramic plates in various sizes, 2-3 Clear glass plates in various sizes, French illustrations; stamps; and postcards, Craft knife, Foam plate, Scissors, Water basin, Paper towels, Stencil tape
- Decide which of the images you would like to apply the backside of each clear glass plate. Make a color laser copy of each image to the size desired. Trim each image.
- Turn a glass plate over. To apply an image, spread a coat of Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge over the surface. Lay your trimmed selections image side facing up on your craft mat and coat with the Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge. Before the Mod Podge dries on the glass or the image, place the image on the glass plate. Coat the back of the image with more Mod Podge to seal. Let dry completely.
- Repeat Step 2 for each clear glass plate.
- While the glass plates dry, prepare the ceramic plates for gold paint blocking. Lay out your plates and determine the arrangement and tape various patterns to protect the ceramic plate from not being painted gold. See image for inspiration.
- Spounce 3 coats of Metallic 14K Gold paint over the plate. Let dry in between coats.
- Repeat Step 4 and 5 on the dried clear Glass plates. You may want to paint just the backside in the Metallic Gold instead of the front or both.
- Using your craft knife, run along the edge of all of the stencil tape before you remove it from the plates. Carefully remove the tape.