2 – 8"x 6-1/2"x 5-1/2" Paper mâché bags, 4 Compressed sponges, Scissors, Newspaper, Paper plates, Glue gun and sticks, Liner brush, Medium brush, Sponge brush, 18 buttons in a variety of colors and sizes
Tips and Techniques
- To sponge paint, lightly dampen the sponge cutout shape. Squirt a small amount of paint onto a paper plate. Dip each cut-out shape into paint then dab onto another paper plate to blot off any excess paint before pressing sponge on the paper mâché bag. Allow the paint to dry between each application of different colors.
- To splatter bags (final step), run thumb across top of bristles to splatter paint onto bag (aiming first towards some newspaper to eliminate excess paint, then towards the bag).
- Paint the entire bag with Cinnamon paint. Allow to dry. Paint a second coat, and allow it to dry. Cut one circle out of sponge (for snowman's head) and another larger circle (for the body). Sponge-paint two snowmen on the front, back, and each side of the bag using Antique White paint. Let dry.
- Cut a hat shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint a hat on each snowman using Black.
- Cut a carrot shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint a carrot nose on each snowman's face using Orange.
- Cut a twig arm shape out of sponge. Sponge-paint two arms on the snowmen using Autumn Brown.
- With the blunt end of the paint brush, circle eyes and mouth by using Black paint to make dots.
- Using the glue gun, glue three buttons down the front of each snowman's stomach.
- Wet medium-size brush with water then dip into Antique White paint. Splatter bag (see Basic Techniques, step 2).