8” Glass hurricane, 6” Glass hurricane, 6” Pedestal votive, 3 ½” Silver plated taper holder, 5” Silver plated taper holder, 3 ½” Silver plated holder, Assorted sizes red pillar candles, Brush basin or container of water, Foam plate, Paper towels, E600 glue, Rubbing alcohol
- Remove price tags and thoroughly wash each glass hurricane or votive holder in warm soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol; wipe over entire glass surface to remove any remaining dirt, grease or soap film. Allow to dry.
- Position desired stencil on glass hurricane and tape in place.
- Load flat surface of stencil brush by dabbing into puddle of Frost Etch Effect. Tap on paper towel to remove excess.
- Stencil opening with loaded stencil brush. Remove stencil and allow to dry. NOTE: Allow one section or layer to dry before adding the next layer – an example would be a tree in the background with a tree layered on top to represent a tree in the foreground.
- Prepare Gloss Spray Paint Kit following manufacturer’s instructions adding Wedding Cake gloss paint.
- Lightly spray surface of the silver plated pedestal and candlesticks. Allow to dry and continue spray painting until surface is opaque. Allow to dry.
- Attach candlesticks to base of glass hurricane using strong household glue such as E600.
- Martha Stewart Crafts Frost Etching Effect should be cured to increase its durability on glass and ceramic surface. There are two types of curing methods recommended.
Bake Method – Allow painted item to dry for 1 hour to be sure all layers of paint have dried. Place project in cool oven, Set oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Let glass cool completely in oven. Do not use for 72 hours.
Air Dry Method – Air dry project for 21 days before use.