3 large match boxes, 1 scrap piece of scrapbook paper or wrapping paper with flowers, 3 scrap pieces of coordinating colored cardstock, 1 – 13” ribbon, 1 – 18” ribbon, 1- metal rim tag with 2 rings, 9 inches of 20 gauge wire, 30 large seed beads, Brown permanent marker, Hole punch, Foam brush, Hot glue gun
1. Use Mod Podge to glue matchboxes together; dry.
2. Measure and cut scrapbook paper or wrapping paper to fit around outside of matchboxes; use Mod Podge to decoupage in place; dry and give a coat of Mod Podge to seal; dry.
3. Remove each “drawer.” Measure and cut out pieces of coordinating colored cardstock to fit each front; decoupage in place, then give a coat of Mod Podge to seal.
4. Paint edges of “chest” and “drawers” with Burnt Umber; dry
5. Cut the wire into 3 – 3 inch pieces and bend into a “U” shape.
6. Place 9 beads on each wire and feed through pre-made holes (use a large needle to make holes) in each “drawer” front; bend the wires away from each other to secure.
7. Use hot glue to glue the 13” piece of ribbon in place around outside of “chest” (do not glue the ribbon that lays across the top part of the “chest”).
8. Remove the metal ring from the metal tag and cut a circle of colored cardstock to fit the inside of the tag; decoupage in place and use the hole punch to re-punch the hole; place remaining 3 beads onto the metal ring and attach to the metal tag along with the additional metal ring.
9. Write “Stuff” on the tag.
10. Feed the 18” piece of ribbon through the ribbon that runs along the top part of the “chest,” then feed the ribbon through the tag and tie into a bow. Tip: Use birthday paper and write “Surprise” on the tag and fill with treats for a special birthday gift!