- Mod Podge Collage Clay, Vanilla White #25144
- Jingle bell
- Wood plaque
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
Salt Dough Ingredients
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 ½ Warm water
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
Make the Salt Dough Handprint
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Slowly add the warm water. Stir to combine.
- Knead until soft and pliable.
- Add a small amount of flour to your work-surface. Roll out the dough.
- Press your hand into the dough.
- Use a knife to cut around your hand shape.
- Bake at 300° for 1.5-2 hours. Cool.
Decorate the Salt Dough Handprint
- Turn the handprint so the fingers are positioned facing down. The fingers will be the beard. Paint the mid-palm/face area with flesh. Paint the fingers, top of the head and tip of the hat with Titanium White. Paint the hat area Apple Red, With a dry bush, paint cheeks using Pink Rouge Pearl. Add an Apple Red nose. Add a moustache with White. Using a detail paintbrush, add eyes and highlights with Charcoal Black. Add a pink mouth under the nose.
- Using the star tip, add Collage Clay along the beard, hat rim and tip. Sink a jingle bell into the hat tip. Allow to dry for 8 hours.
- Paint Mod Podge Sparkle over the beard and moustache area. Allow to dry.
- Paint Mod Podge Satin over the hat, sides and face area to seal.
- Paint the wood plaque Yellow Citron. Using the Mod Melter, attach the handprint Santa to the center of the plaque.
: To make a hanging handprint ornament, just poke a hole in the top of the ornament prior to baking.