Tracing paper and pencil, Black graphite transfer paper, Household sponge, Flat shader brush, 1/2” rake, 4; 8 and 12 flat shaders, Palette knife, Palette paper or foam plate, Paper towels, Water basin, Stylus or toothpick, Clear acrylic spray sealer
- Using sponge, tap lids and front and back sides Wicker White. Let dry completely.
- Trace pattern.
- Place pattern onto surface and slip graphite in between surface and pattern. Using stylus or pencil, transfer lines onto project surface. Note: To float, dip brush into water. Lay flat on paper towel and watch liquid leave. As soon as liquid leaves, lift brush. Dip one corner of brush into paint. Move brush back and forth onto palette being sure to not pick up excess paint into your brush. You’ll want to keep the paint on only one side of your brush. Float along edge of area.
- Paint hat and coat area Cardinal Red.
- Float Black Cherry along beard, hat edge, and hat pom-pom.
- Float Dove Gray along edge of hat on beard area, under nose, and under moustache and lip.
- Paint face Skintone.
- Float Teddy Bear Brown around hat edge on skin and on each side of nose.
- Float Rose Pink along moustache and bottom of nose on skin.
- Paint eye Pure Black. When dry, float Wicker White on right side of eye.
- Using stylus or toothpick, add a Wicker White dot in right area of eye.
- Paint inside of mouth Black Cherry and float Pure Black along moustache edges.
- Paint lip Rose Pink and float Black Cherry along moustache edges.
- Float Wicker White along bottom edge of lip.
- Using rake, dip into water and remove some of the water by blotting on paper towel. Dip into Dove Gray and evenly distribute paint into brush on palette before moving to beard surface.
- Going in the direction of how a beard grows, add gray lines with loaded rake brush on both beard and moustache.
- Using palette knife, add texture paint to band of hat. Let dry completely. Fill hat with candies, a handmade Christmas ornament, or put tissue paper fluffed coming out of box and use as a decoration on a table or mantel. Great item to give as favors. Add name across beard.