- Item #30497 Plaid Craft Stencils - Value Packs - Foliage/Leaf
- Stencil paintbrush
- 17 x 17" Light color cotton fabric(prewashed)
- 17 x 17" printed cotton fabric(prewashed)
- Low tack painters tape
- Sewing machine
- Gem glue
- Hand sewing needle and thread
- Plate charger
1. Position the bird stencil in the corner (1.5” from the edge) of the light colored fabric. Tape the stencil to the fabric to secure. Load the stencil paintbrush with sugar plum paint, tap off the excess paint. Working directly above the stencil, tap the brush over the bird design. Lift the stencil to reveal the design. Next stencil the branch with melted chocolate paint and the leaves with parchment paint. Wash stencil and reuse. Heat set the paint with an iron.
2. Place the painted fabric right-side down on the right-side of the printed fabric. Pin around the edges. Stitch around the edges (leave a space open for turning and stuffing). Trim the edges and corners, turn the napkin right-side out, press. Sew a boarder around the edge.
3. Embellish the napkin with free-form stitching. (This will also serve as a quilt effect, holding the two pieces together) Hand sew buttons to the bird design. Tie up the napkin with a scrap of fabric.
4. To paint the charger, tape the bird stencil to the edge of the charger. Load the stencil paintbrush with sugar plum paint, tap off the excess paint. Working directly above the stencil, tap the brush over the bird design. Lift the stencil to reveal the design. If needed, fill in the design with paint and a small brush.