Generic birdhouse (one used in picture is a 5 hole tower), ½” & 1/8” Flat brush, 1/8” Stencil brush, #4 Round brush, #1 Liner brush, Craft knife, Cardstock or very thin cardboard, Transfer paper, Stylus
Get the Pattern
- Create circle template, transfer circle pattern to cardstock or board and cut out with craft knife.
- Paint roof and eaves of house Brilliant Blue.
- Paint small birdhouse side Pure Orange, middle side with Tangerine and rest with light orange mixture of Taffy plus Tangerine. Paint base Forest Moss.
- Using circle template, stencil “moon” onto roof using Pure Orange, shading with Pueblo and highlighting with light orange mixture.
- Using a very dry stencil brush and Dove Gray paint, lightly swirl clouds onto roof, building up density where desired. Using opposite end of small brush, apply light orange mixture stars to roof, dragging points from centers with liner brush.
- With 1/8” flat brush, paint stripes on Pure Orange house with watered down Pueblo to create almost a wash. . Repeat using Pure Orange stripes on Tangerine side, Tangerine on light orange mixture.
- Apply black silhouette elements with Licorice. Create posts on fence by using the opposite end of 1/2” flat brush for large dots, smaller brush for smaller dots.
- Brush Silver Glitter Paint on eaves, sides of roof and base. Apply small dots to stars and roof where desired with opposite end of brush.