Autumn is here and the trees are finally changing into brilliant and vibrant canvases of orange, reds, and yellows! Celebrate the season this November by crafting a "Leaf Bowl" with Mod Podge Stiffy. This latest Craftable requires few craft supplies, and results in a pretty amazing craft and home decor project! Fill your leaf bowls with cinnamon sticks or pumpkin-y potpourri to add even more fall to your home!
Watch this simply 30-second how-to video to get you inspired, and check out the full instructions below!
Stiffy Leaves Bowl
Time to complete: 2 hours
• Medium round balloon
• Fabric Silk Leaves from the floral dept.
• Brush or Foam Sponge
• Wax paper
1. Protect work surface with wax paper. Blow up balloon to the desired size you want leaf bowl to be when completed.
2. Place balloon into a bowl or cut so that it stands up with the tied section in the bowl and the large bottom of the balloon up.
3. Place fabric leaf onto wax paper and completely coat with Stiffy.
4. Place leaf on balloon and press gently so balloon leaf is flat on balloon.
5. REPEAT adding leaves, overlapping as shown until you have the desired size of bowl.
6. Let dry. * the Stiffy will drip down balloon but that is ok.
7. Once leaves are dry pop the balloon and remove it from the center of bowl.
8. Using a medium brush. Brush a thin coat of Stiffy onto the inside of leaf bowl and outside if needed.
9. Let dry and enjoy.