Assorted rocks, Sandpaper, FolkArt Coastal Texture Paint Sand Dollar, FolkArt Texture Paint High Tide
- Clean rocks with soap and water and let dry completely.
- Following basic instructions on FolkArt Coastal paint tub, basecoat two rocks with Sand Dollar. Let dry.
- Basecoat a third rock with Ocean and let dry.
- Apply second coat of Coastal paint to each rock: for the rocks basecoated with Sand Dollar, apply Poseidon on one and Ocean on the other. For the rock basecoated with Ocean, apply a coat of Sea Mist. Let dry completely.
- Sand down rocks to reveal both paint colors and create a weathered look.
- Using paper stencils, stencil Nautical Animals as shown using Multi-Surface Paint and stencil brush. Let dry.
- Connect all the stencil bridges by using the small detail brush and the same color you stenciled with. This will create a silhouette shape of each icon.
- Using a small detail brush, add small sketch-like details to each animal as shown.
- Adding a drop of water to White and Black, use the smallest liner brush to add words to each rock.
- Let dry completely.