Chest of drawers, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam plates or bowls, Craft knife, Medium- or fine-grit sandpaper, Tack cloth, Household glass cleaner, Fabric scissors, Yardstick or ruler, Iron, Sewing machine and thread, Screwdriver
- Using a screwdriver, remove all drawer pull hardware creating a smooth surface for painting. Set hardware aside until all painting is completed. Remove drawers from chest to paint separately.
- Clean the previously finished surface with household glass cleaner to remove dust, dirt and grease deposits.
- Pour a small amount of Crimson into a foam bowl as a palette or simply load a basecoating brush directly from the paint bottle.
- Brush Crimson onto the entire exterior of the chest except for the horizontal routed edges above and below each drawer opening on the front of the chest. Apply a coat of Crimson to the drawer fronts as well. Clean the basecoating brush with soap and water. Allow the Crimson painted areas to dry thoroughly for approximately one hour.
- As a bright accent, paint the remaining horizontal routed edges Pumpkin. Allow to dry one hour.
- If needed, lightly sand to smooth out any rough areas, then reapply additional coats of both Crimson and Pumpkin until opaque coverage is achieved. Be sure to allow ample dry time between applications of color.
- Replace all drawers and add drawer pull hardware.
Use painters tape to prevent color bleed. Simply tape along the paint edge, paint one color, allow to dry thoroughly, and then carefully tape over it to paint the second color.