Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - Whipped Cream, 8 oz. #04041, Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - Cadet Grey, 8 oz. #04052, Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - Regal Red, 8 oz. #04066, Delta Ceramcoat ® Wax - Clear, 8 oz. #04071, Delta Ceramcoat ® Wax - Antiquing, 8 oz. #04072, Delta Ceramcoat ® Chalk - London Stone, 8 oz #04049, Box for two decks of cards, Large brush, Palette paper or foam plate, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Soft lint free cloth, Painter’s tape, Cosmetic wedge sponge, Medium grit sandpaper - 100 grit, Small Philips screwdriver, Old toothbrush for splattering
The beauty of painting with Delta Ceramcoat Chalk is that your surface does not require significant preparation such as sanding, stripping or priming the original finish which makes it the perfect paint to use when up-cycling a thrift store treasure! When up-cycling, wash with a de-greaser using a lint free cloth. Remove hinges and clasp using the small screwdriver.
- Using the large brush, streak the entire box with Whipped Cream and London Stone. Be sure to run the streaks horizontally with the grain of the wood on the box.
- Draw a heart and paint it Regal Red.
- Place a strip of painters tape 1-1/2" up from the bottom of the box all the way across the lid. This will ensure that your stenciling runs straight.
- Place the bottom of the "C" at the top edge of the tape.
- Using a wedge sponge holding onto the long thin end, pat the large flat end into Raven. Pat excess off on palette, pat over the open image of the "C" on the stencil, allow to dry and pick up stencil. Applying color t0o heavily will cause bleeding under the edges of the stencil. TIP: When stenciling portions of the design, it is easier to use painters or stencil tape to mask the open areas of the stencil that you don't want to use. Be sure to allow dry time between each letter.
- Repeat for each letter spelling "C A R D S."
- Remove the tape and apply a piece going down the left hand side ½" from the edge.
- Repeat the stenciling process to spell "A C E."
- Splatter the entire piece with Raven using the old toothbrush.
- Apply an even coat of Clear Wax and allow to dry. Buff lightly with a lint-free cloth.
- Apply an even coat of Antique Wax. Allow to dry and buff lightly again.