Gallery Glass ® Surfaces - Leading Blanks, Palette knife, Ultra fine point black marker, Scissors, Glue, Light green gros grain ribbon, Tape, Craft knife, ½” stencil brush, Glass jar with lid
- Gather your supplies before getting started. Remember that your window color and lead lines will need overnight to dry, so plan accordingly.
- Print out your pattern…size it to fit whatever jar you find to use.
- Spread your window color onto a leading blank with palette knife.
- Create multiple lead lines on another leading blank. Let lines and color dry overnight.
- Tape off the top and bottom sections of glass jar.
- Apply frost with stencil brush to top and bottom of jar. Apply second coat if desired. Remove tape.
- Place pattern under leading blank behind appropriate colors and cut out with craft knife. Set aside.
- Cut length of lead line referring to pattern and place on jar to begin design.
- Carefully peel up cut pieces from leading blank and place on jar referring to pattern.
- Cut and place pieces of lead lines to connect acorns to main branch. Then add small strips to create branches.
- Create a tape tip on leading bottle. Place a dab of leading where lead lines join to seal.
- Draw details onto acorns gently with marker.
- Glue a length of ribbon around top of jar, tie a bow and glue.