Wood Hinged Box, Blue painters tape, Sandpaper, #1 Script liner, 1” Flat brush, ½” Foam Spouncer®, #2 Flat brush, Iridescent glitter
- Remove the hardware from the box. Sand the box.
- Basecoat the lid with Bright Red and the base with White
- On the lid tape off a rectangle on one side and paint with Black.
- Using the child’s hand and White, press the handprint into the Black rectangle.
- Tape off diagonal stripes on the bottom of the box and paint with Bright Red.
- Paint a black band around the bottom of the lid and the top of bottom section of the box as shown.
- Paint the bottom lip of the base Bright Red and the ball feet with Black.
- Using Bright Red, paint the hat on Santa. When it is dry, use a fingerprint and White to create the trim and pompom on the hat. Sprinkle with glitter while the paint is wet.
- Use Fleshtone to create the face. Paint the face details as shown.
- With the foam Spouncer and White, press the scalloped edge around the Santa. With the end of a paintbrush add polka dots in White.
- Write “Dear Santa…” with Black. Reattach the hardware when the box is completely dry.