FolkArt Milk Paint - Shaker Red, 6.8 oz. #38907, FolkArt Milk Paint - Pirate Black, 6.8 oz. #38921, FolkArt Milk Paint Bonding Primer and Sealer, 6.8 oz. #38939, FolkArt Milk Paint Brush, 2 inch #38999, Thrift store furniture find - previously painted spindle back chair, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates for palettes, Lint-free cotton cloth, Craft knife, Medium or fine grit sandpaper, Tack cloth
- Prepare the previously painted and varnished chair by removing all dirt and dust using a household glass cleaner.
- Apply a smooth, even coat of FolkArt Milk Paint Bonding Primer and Sealer to all visible surfaces. Allow to dry approximately four hours.
- Paint an undercoat application of FolkArt Milk Paint Pirate Black over the Bonding Primer and Sealer. Allow to dry 30 minutes, then reapply a second application. Allow to dry.
- Next, apply two coats of Shaker Red over the Pirate Black undercoat. Allow to dry 30 minutes between applications.
- When completely dry, lightly sand the chair surface applying additional pressure along the seat edges and other surface areas that naturally would show wear exposing Pirate Black.
- Using a tack cloth, wipe away sanding residue.
- Apply a topcoat of Bonding Primer and Sealer to seal and protect the two-color painted and distressed chair. Let dry 24 hours before using.
NOTE: Remember to allow the allotted dry time between paint applications. This time allows the Milk Paint to thoroughly penetrate the surface and be absorbed.