FolkArt ® Painting Stencils - Small - Single Rose - 30604, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Colors - Infra Red, 8 oz. #5603, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Brush Pack. #5617, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished wood table, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, Medium- to fine-grit sandpaper, Stencil tape
- Apply the Liquid Stencil Adhesive to the backside of chosen floral stencil. Allow to dry until it is tacky to the touch. Working with one stencil at a time, position the stencil with adhesive side down onto the unfinished wood table top; press in place creating a tight bond.
- Add sections of stencil tape too all four sides of each stencil adding an extra layer of protection to the exterior space of the stencil design.
- Pour a small amount of Infra Red into a foam bowl.
- Load the stencil brush with Infra Ted by dipping the bristles into the bowl of dye. Blot the loaded brush onto paper towels to remove excess dye creating a dry brush.
- Begin stenciling Infra Red over one of the stencil designs. Lift to remove the stencil, then reposition it where desired.
- Continue stenciling adding the two other floral stencil designs where desired creating an overall stenciled floral pattern on the table top.
- To create the dipped look on the table legs. Tape off desired height using stencil tape. Brush Metallic Silver Sterling just below the stencil tape line. Allow to dry.
- When completely dry, apply a couple coats of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to the entire table to seal and protect. Allow to dry and completely cure before using.
- When stenciling with smaller stencils have little to no border, it is always a good idea to mask around the stencil edges with stencil tape as an added layer of protection.
- Clean your dirty stencil immediately after use in warm soapy water.