FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Brush Pack. #5617, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished wood round side table (made from cross section slices of wood), Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Cotton cloth, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, Medium-to-fine grit Sandpaper, Ruler, Pencil, Stencil tape
- Pour a small amount of Hot Pink into a foam bowl.
- Measure and very lightly mark with a pencil approximately one fourth the width of the table. Tape along the one fourth measurement. Be sure to press the tape edge to ensure a tight seal.
- Load a FolkArt Ultra Dye Brush with Hot Pink. Apply the dye on the remaining three fourths of the unfinished table being careful to coat all exposed sides of each wood slice.
- Allow the dye to penetrate the unfinished wood and if necessary wipe the surface with a soft paper towel to remove excess dye.
- Remove the stencil tape and allow to dry.
- To seal and protect, apply a coat of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to the entire table top. Allow to dry and completely cure before using.
- If you desire, you can simply guess the space to tape off without measuring and marking the line with a pencil.
- Think about creating several sections of solid color dyeing a variety of colors one section at a time.