FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Peridot, 2 oz. #2789, Antique hanging ornament, 3/8” clear rhinestones (20), ½” head pins, Gold stretch metallic cording (12”) or coordinating ribbon of your choice, Gold rick-rack ribbon (about 12”), Medium round brush, White craft glue, 1 Push pin, Round red and green beads
- Paint the top section of the ornament Grass Green, paint the center 3 rings and the bottom point Yellow Ochre. Paint the rounded ball section of the ornament Engine Red. Let dry and paint each section with a second coat of the listed color. Let dry.
- Paint over the Grass Green with the Peridot Extreme Glitter. Let dry, add second coat and let dry.
- Paint over the Yellow Ochre with Gold Extreme Glitter. Let dry, add second coat and let dry.
- Paint over the Engine Red with Red Extreme Glitter. Let dry, add second coat and let dry.
- Using the push pin, poke holes around the top section of the ornament, spacing them evenly.
- Thread one red bead on a head pin, dip the pointed tip of the head pin into glue and push the pin into one of the holes you made. Repeat this step until you put beads in all the holes.
- Glue rhinestones in areas between the beads and around the red portion of the ornament.
- Cut and glue the gold rick rack around the edges of the ornament.
- Thread the gold cording through the top of the ornament and tie the ends together.