Two 1½” wood disks, One 4” STYROFOAM™ Ball-cut in half, Two 3” STYROFOAM™ Balls-cut in half, Two 2½” STYROFOAM™ Balls-cut in half, 14”x20” piece of black foam board, ¾” flat brush, Sponge, Pencil, Palette knife, White craft glue
- With the pencil, draw a semi circle which will be the sun on black foam board using photo for placement. Paint Sun Tangerine. Wet sponge, dip into Red Light and lightly pounce over Sun. When dry, add some Glow in the Dark Texture Medium with the palette knife in several random areas of the sun.
- Paint one wood disk Sea Mist. This will be Mercury. Paint one wood disk Lavender. This will be Pluto.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Calypso Sky. This will be Neptune.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Tangerine. This will be Mars.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Grass Green. This will be Uranus.
- Paint one half of a 3” Styrofoam ball Cobalt Blue. This will be the Earth.
- Paint 2nd half of a 3” Styrofoam ball Lemon Custard. These will be Saturn and Venus.
- Paint half of the 4” Styrofoam ball Red Light. This will be Jupiter.
- Place dried Saturn on foam sheet and trace shape. Remove Saturn and freehand a ring of foam that will fit around the planet. Cut foam and apply Glow in the Dark Texture Medium. Set aside till dry and then place ring around Saturn before gluing to foam board.
- Using Lemon Custard, Red Light, and Tangerine, add some stripes to Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus.
- Use the palette knife to apply Glow in the Dark Texture Medium to each of the planets.
- When everything is dry, glue planets in place and label.